Helping to create
healthier families and communities
Resolving crises in families and communities
The health and well-being of the family is crucial to the development and strength of our communities. Many vulnerable families are affected by problems such as drug and alcohol abuse, crime, mental illness, homelessness and unemployment.
- Over 3 million children are living in poverty in the UK
- 154,000 children in England live with a parent who has a severe and enduring mental health problem
- Two women die every week in England and Wales, and one man every fortnight, as a result of domestic violence
Our approach: simple, natural, effortless
The David Lynch Foundation UK offers Transcendental Meditation as a programme to strengthen relationships and contribute to the stability of family life in society. This stress reducing meditation programme helps families and communities in difficulty, as well as educational organisations facing the deleterious effects of extreme stress. Benefits include:
- Normalisation of blood pressure and reduced risk of atherosclerosis
- Improved mental health and physical well-being
- Greater happiness, focus, creativity and self-confidence
About Transcendental Meditation
Transcendental Meditation is a simple, natural mental technique that is easy to learn and to practise (for twenty minutes, twice daily). It does not involve any religion, philosophy, or change in lifestyle, but rather upholds and uplifts the cultural and religious traditions of all people. The technique is taught only by certified instructors with extensive experience through a standardized course of instruction that ensures maximum results.
Support the Foundation’s work with Families and Communities
Help share the healing and transformational benefits of Transcendental Meditation to reduce stress, increase positivity and inner calmness, and create more harmonious relationships within family and community life. Please donate today.